It's Tuesday night as I write this. I've been home all day nursing a dizzy head. The dizzy is gone now, but the effects of the Dramamine linger on. Feeling a little spacey right now. As I answer my Random Dozen, I hope my sentences make sense. Forgive me if there are any typos.
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
I can't say that I love those sandals... or even like them. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from wearing them, though. They just aren't my taste.
2. What is your favorite pizza?
Any kind that my friend Judy makes!!! She knows how to make pizza like the pizzerias. I don't care if it's veggie, pepperoni, hamburger or sausage... she makes an awesome pizza. People at church put in requests for her pizza. We joke about her doing pizza delivery out of her home.
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
Every time I've watched the Biggest Loser I've thought about how I'd like to have their gym. At least, I wouldn't mind having all their equipment.
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
I guess that would be the South Bend Chocolate Cafe'. They specialize in chocolate, or did you figure that out already by the title? They make large and delicious desserts. I've had cake there before that I couldn't eat all at one sitting. I had to take the rest home in a box.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
I like Brown Cow cream top yogurt in raspberry or strawberry flavor. It's so delicious and better than any yogurt out there. Cream top is the way to go, baby. It's good for you.
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
This is a hard question for me. I don't believe I would fare well at any of these reality shows. Since Lid won't let me off without answering, I'll have to pick Biggest Loser. I cannot see myself capable of learning dances or even being flexible enough to do what all they do. Survivor? Forget about it! I don't like dirt, bugs, reptiles or going more than one day without a shower. I also enjoy food and running water...oh, and toilets. I'd never survive!
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
I'd say my vehicle is a 7 on the cleanliness scale. The dash is dusty, there's some pet hair on the seats, and the floors need to be vacuumed.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
It doesn't feel like spring until the kids are playing at the park where I take my walks. It makes me happy when everyone returns. Life at the park makes me happy.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
I can't remember the last time I laughed really hard. I did get seriously tickled the other day during the Ultimate Blog Party when I visited A Daily Dose of Toni's blog and saw her dancing in a vlog. The woman seems to have no qualms about being crazy for people, and I think it's hilarious.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
A goal? What's that? Okay, I'm so kidding. I have a goal to read every day, particularly non-fiction. I've even got an Excel sheet that I fill out with how many pages I read each month and am adding it up for the year. It helps me have an idea of the progress I'm making. I can't say I'm doing very well with my goal these days. I do read, but not as avidly as I want to or probably should.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
I was re-reading a chapter from Sacred Marriage today and came across this quote again. It is very thought provoking to me.
Most of us, in fact, probably never approached the relationship of marriage with the thought that "apathy" is the antithesis of Christian love. As long as we're not mean, vindictive, or cruel, we may think we're fulfilling our Christian duty. But we're not. The truth is, I owe my wife this "gift of self." When I refuse to fall forward and begin withholding myself, I am saying in effect, "I will no longer be married to you on a spiritual level." (Sacred Marriage, Gary Thomas, pg. 161)
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
I don't have kids, so I'll answer this as it pertains to a friend. I know that if I say I'll ride in Judy's Jeep, she is very happy. The Jeep is fun, but if you have a lot of hair that's a bit unruly and you don't come prepared to keep it restrained in some fashion, riding in a Jeep with the top off and the wind blowing like crazy can make for a bad hair day. I just like to be prepared.
If you'd enjoy meeting Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee, go on over to her blog now and say hello. Link up with the other Random Dozen-ers.