Monday, April 19, 2010

Memory Monday -Isaiah 12:2

Memory Monday How can it be Monday already?  I guess that's how I feel every week.  My weekends fly by at the speed of light, and then I'm back to the daily grind.

This week's Memory Monday verse for me is found in Isaiah.  It reminds me that the LORD is my salvation. 

I tend to look for salvation in everything else... donuts, chocolate, a nap, TV, browsing Facebook, a friend, etc....  Whenever I look for strength (or more like distraction?) in anything other than God, I'm still left with problems and a heap of restlessness, anxiety, and fear.  God is my only true salvation.

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." ~ Isaiah 12:2 (ESV)

Are you working on scripture memory?  Join The Simple Wife every Monday at her blog to share your scripture for the week.

  

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. That's a great verse to be memorizing, Liz. I am particularly convicted by your words here:

    "Whenever I look for strength (or more like distraction?) in anything other than God, I'm still left with problems and a heap of restlessness, anxiety, and fear."

    It's making me think. When I think I'm just turning to distractions (sounds harmless enough), perhaps I'm really looking for strength...in all the wrong places.

    Thanks for the food for thought!

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.