Monday, February 04, 2008

Heaven

Following my blog from last night, a quote borrowed from John Piper's God Is The Gospel, I wanted to continue along this thought. Would Heaven be Heaven if Christ were not there? I believe we Christians get so caught up in all the things we are promised are awaiting us in Heaven, that we neglect to remember the One who will be there.

How many times do we think about the streets of gold, the mansion He's preparing, no sickness, no death, no more tears, seeing our loved ones who have passed away, only to neglect the most treasured gift of Heaven? All those things are incredible and and have been promised to us to enjoy, but I believe they are only the fringe benefits.

Seeing Christ in all His glory and being able to embrace my Savior who reconciled me to the Father is what Heaven is. If there were no golden streets, or mansions, or loved ones, it would still be Heaven if it were just me and my Lord.

He is my delight. He is my hope. He is my joy. He is my reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.