Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Crochet

As I've enjoyed crocheting blankets, I've also found that it's a months' long project to finish just one. I've made one baby blanket and only a second one that was abandoned halfway through because it just didn't look right. That was a bummer because I ended up having to go purchase a store bought gift for a new mom at our church when I really wanted to give her a handmade gift.

I've lately been anxious to find a simple baby bootie pattern because they would be fast to make and I wouldn't need months of advance notice on when the shower was going to be held. I could start working on them right now in various colors and be ready for the next baby that comes along. I have also toyed with the idea of selling some on Etsy, if they looked good. (I know Amanda would approve.)

I chose a bootie pattern from my book today, and I started working it with some leftover yarn I have from the blanket I never finished. From the few rounds I have already completed, this seems to be a winner. I'm pretty excited about it! This could open a whole new world for me in crochet. I'll let you know if the booties turn out well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I'm so jealous! Amanda and I keep saying we are going to get her mom to show us how to knit or crochet or something, but we have not done it yet. I hope the booties turn out good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.