Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Yearning

Although our northern Indiana kicked off with cold, crisp air on Tuesday, by late afternoon we were at 40 degrees with lovely sunshine. I didn't have to wear gloves, and my winter coat was unzipped.

It's the first day I've felt a true yearning for the spring. I'm ready to go for regular walks at the park to breathe in the fresh air and get some exercise. I'm tired of being cooped up indoors looking at nothing but snow on the ground.

I also took notice of the time of the sunset. We still had daylight at 7:45 p.m., and you don't know how giddy that makes my heart. Daylight Savings Time arrives in just over a week, and I can't wait. I know there are mixed opinions over DST among folks in our area, but I'll admit I'm a die hard fan.

Is there something you are yearning for? Is it spring or something else?

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, stopping by from NaBloPoMo. Love your take on the word yearning. You should stop by Christianwriters.com and join our monthly blog chain. http://christianwriters.com/index.php?/topic/32726-march-blog-chain/

    We'd love to have you. I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.