Saturday, March 05, 2011

Book Review: Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless GodCrazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't have any intention of reading this book. I don't think I had read a single review on it. I typically steer clear of authors that I am unfamiliar with, especially if everyone "jumps on the bandwagon". I figure if a book is popular with the masses, then there must be something theologically wrong with it.

So I guess I finally broke down and downloaded it to my Kindle because it was cheap, and I wanted to know what all the hype was about. I also noticed some of my Goodreads friends with similar reading tastes to mine had given it high ratings, so I figured I must be missing something.

Now I know that I've definitely been missing something. I had no idea what Francis Chan's theology is, but I like him. He is narrow, and that's a good thing in my consideration.

What a challenge! He's making me think. He's making me question myself. What is my life about? Do I love God rightly? Do I love my neighbor the way God has told me to? So much to evaluate, and I have so much to change.

My conclusion is that I will be paying more attention to Francis Chan in the future. I guess you could say I've become a fan.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.