I'm joining in with the Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond today...
1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
I've been a Baptist all my life, and Lent isn't something that we've observed.
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year) So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? Ewwww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
I haven't heard of Shrove Tuesday before, so I didn't know about the pancake eating. I love pancakes, but I don't eat them very often. I do enjoy a standard pancake with butter and syrup.
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? That's two questions I know but they're lightweights.photo © 2006 Dan Huntington | more info (via: Wylio)
In spring I enjoy Hyacinths the most. They have a sweet smell. I don't suffer with springtime allergies.
4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or disagree? Why?
Okay, this is kind of a deep question for me at this time of the morning. I'm going with my first thought, which is pretty superficial. I do base my opinions of people based on what I see in them. Yet there are times I will look at people's failures and see my own. I should do it more because it would cause me to extend more mercy to others.
5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras...have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've ever seen?
The only parade I was in was when I was just a young girl. We lived in a suburban neighborhood that had a bike parade to celebrate the 4th of July. I believe I participated only one year. My friend and I decorated our bikes with streamers. I also remember that we wanted the bikes to make noise as we rode. We cut small squares of cardboard and taped them to the spokes of our bicycle tires. As we rode there was a wonderful tapping rhythm, and even weeks after the parade was over, we kept the cardboard on because we enjoyed the noise.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you_________?
our debt is paid in full. (Lord willing, that will happen within the year.)
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
My van is a bit dirty on the outside. The inside could probably use a vacuum, and I have a couple bags of clothes that need to be dropped off at the donation box I pass almost every day. Otherwise, I just don't keep junk in my vehicle.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had a nightmare that I ran into Judy's newly refurbished Islander Jeep in her driveway and scratched the paint. She wasn't there at the time, but it was a horror to me. I couldn't bear to tell her.