Monday, March 07, 2011

Book Review: Screen Play by Chris Coppernoll

Screen Play: A NovelScreen Play: A Novel by Chris Coppernoll
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have had this book on my to-read list for quite some time because I so enjoyed his first book Providence a few years ago. This book did not disappoint either.

I am fascinated with theater and drama, so I was sucked into the pages pretty quickly. I loved all the behind-the-scenes drama with the actors and preparation for the play's opening night.

Chris has a way with words that's not flowery yet puts me right into the story. I love that.

I would've enjoyed getting a little more backstory on Harper's previous relationship. I felt like I didn't know enough about it to really feel her loss. I also found the story's end to be surprisingly abrupt. It wasn't what I was expecting.

No matter. I enjoy Chris' writing and look forward to more of his books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.