Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A Letter

Dear Starbucks Barista,

I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for refraining from dousing yourself with your favorite eau de parfum this morning.  It must have been a truly difficult sacrifice to make for your customers in that it's your favorite scent and you enjoy it immeasurably, so I thought I should let you know that it made a difference in my life today.

You see, I have been unable to enjoy my very special Peppermint Mocha Twist to the fullest degree because of your perfume.  The flavor of my beverage and the scent of your perfume do not mix well, practically gagging, and your scent was all that filled my nostrils as I sipped on my cup of mocha.  Can you imagine the tragedy that has come to my frigid, winter mornings in being unable to partake of the warm creaminess of my beloved drink?  Not to mention the parting with my $3.65 for the smallest of comforts?

Granted, the Peppermint Mocha Twist is now off the menu, and I will not enjoy it again until a mere 11 months have passed.  The Raspberry Mocha will do just fine in its stead, though.  Even now, I am enjoying the raspberry goodness, free of floral notes wafting from my cup.

So I just wanted to say thank you.

Your Ever-Grateful Patron,

Liz 

7 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I was kinda getting sick thinking about the perfume AND the mocha! *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reading, crancour. I am pleased to know that people enjoy reading my stuff. I'm glad you left a comment to let me know you've been around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amanda! You feel my pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, oh yeah... that would not be a great addition to that lovely drink. I too, will miss it!!

    :)
    ~Tabitha~

    freshmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oih, wow. That would be hard! One of the restaurants I went to in the Chicago airport had a waiter that smelled (not of perfume, just smelled). I was thankful when he stopped checking up on my so I could eat my food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so crazy! Did you know that Starbucks employees are not allowed to wear perfume? It is in our rule book! I'm serious! We are not allowed to paint our nails or wear perfume. That girl is in MAJOR dress code violation! (And it really does affect the smell of coffee! I totally agree!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.