Sunday, January 25, 2009

Now We're Getting Somewhere

Do you remember what I do on Saturdays?  Probably not, so I'll refresh your memory.  It's the day I go to my First Place Bible study.  Yeah... that.

So, you know how last week I had to really get myself back on board with the plan of being self-disciplined and choosing with my will to eat good stuff?  Well, that's exactly what I did. 

For the past week I've written down on my fact sheet/food diary all the food I ate, even when I went out to restaurants.  This week I will start counting the actual exchanges and tallying my bread, meat, milk, veggie, fruit and fat servings. 

Uh oh...I forgot about the 8 glasses of water a day.  Hmmm...can I ease into that, too?  I'm really into Vanilla Coke Zero right now, which leaves very little room for water.  I guess I still have a couple kinks to work out with my diet plan. 

On a final note, I'm pleased to report that it made a difference to rein in my appetite last week.  I lost about 1.5 pounds.  Now that's a step in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good for you!! That is encouraging!! I know what you mean about other drinks taking the place of water. I am working on transitioning away from coffee, and I am positively a fiend for Jasmine Green Tea right now. Have you tried Perrier, or some other fizzy water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know I used to work for Weight Watchers? Yep. And anywhere between 1/2 pound and 2 per week is excellent. Be patient. What you're doing WILL work. Love your new background. Makes me feel like spring is near, but we Hoosiers know better, don't we?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.