Monday, April 13, 2009

We Had Our Cake, And We Ate It Too

I told you that I would let you know how the weigh-in went at First Place on Saturday.  It was good.  It was REALLY good.  There was laughter and hugging, it was so good.  I lost more than 2 pounds.  Kind of a jaw dropper for me.

Oh and then...I think I gained back the 2 pounds at a surprise party that afternoon.  Yep!  I mean, that was not the intention, but we ate at an Italian restaurant.  What's a girl to do when surrounded by so much pasta?!?

I ordered Shrimp Ravioli, otherwise known as Rhapsody Of Pasta Heaven!  (Can you hear the angels singing?)  It was the most delicious Italian dish I have ever eaten, with cheese ravioli smothered in a roasted red pepper, basil and Romano cheese sauce, not to mention the shrimp.  I love shrimp.  Did I mention DELICIOUS?

I promise that it was the first real indulgence I've partaken of in 4 weeks, and honestly I did not go crazy wild with the bread, appetizers or salad.  I mean, I still have SOME self-control. 

But then this came to the table....

         Friends 009

{Ahem.}

Yes, that's birthday cake.  (Yes, it's Lightning McQueen.)

That was probably the funniest part of the meal.  The waitress took the cake to the kitchen and sliced it for us, but I'm not sure what she was thinking.  She sliced the entire cake for the number of people at the table - NINE!  Yes, NINE PIECES!  Do you know how huge they were?  About 4" x 6".  We all laughed as the plates were set in front of us, especially because half of us are watching our weight, and we each proceeded to cut our pieces in half.

Thank goodness, the waitress also provided take-home containers for the HALF none of us could eat.  Everyone was taking their leftover piece home for the husbands.  I didn't have to ask Rich twice to eat his.  He snatched that cake right up after dinner.

I doubt I'll be seeing any cake in the near future, but I'll definitely be seeing a lot of my treadmill this week.

Did you enjoy this post? Consider subscribing to my feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.