It's Top Ten Tuesday with OhAmanda, so here is a list of my Top Ten favorite items for healthier eating and low-cal snacking:
1. Fiber One Honey Clusters Cereal - This is my #1 pick for healthy eating because it just tastes good, both sweet and crunchy. It's a great way to kick off your day, providing 51% of your daily fiber needs. Fiber is our friend! Definitely add some sliced banana, too.
2. Dannon Light 'n Fit Yogurt - My favorite flavor is cherry, with coconut & pineapple coming in at a close second.
3. Special K Multi-Grain Crackers - What a great snack when you need a little something to take the edge off your hunger. Only 90 calories in half a serving (17 crackers). That's quite a few crackers.
4. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches - It's ice cream. Enough said.
5. Coke Zero (Vanilla Coke Zero or Cherry Coke Zero) - If you're watching your calories, you know how precious every calorie is. Don't waste them on a beverage. When you've got a craving for pop, definitely go the 0 calorie route.
6. Little Debbie 100 Calorie Marshmallow Treat - If you love Rice Krispie treats, you'll enjoy these. They're just the right size to get a taste of this crispy, gooey treat.
7. Little Debbie 100 Calorie Nutty Bars - The perfect snack to meet your chocolate and peanut butter craving without adding to your hips.
8. Grapes - They're such a simple food, but they make for an easy snack or to tack on to your lunch or dinner to fit in another fruit. It only takes 11 grapes to make a serving.
9. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray - This is a must if you want to cut out the fat. I spray it on toast, veggies, and even use it to "butter" my bread when making grilled cheese.
10. Dove Promises Dark Chocolate - I keep a bag of these small Dove bars on hand for my chocolate fix. I allow myself one in a day, if I really need chocolate. At only about 40 calories a square, it doesn't set me back.
For more Top Ten Tuesday, visit OhAmanda's blog.