Judy and I go way back to the early 90's when she started attending my church, but it wasn't until 2005 that we truly started to develop a real friendship. Since then, I've had the amazing privilege of getting to know her.
I love that Judy's name is derived from the Hebrew name Judah and means "praised or admired." I admire her for so many reasons, mostly because she reflects Jesus. Today I want to share ten of my favorite things about Judy, in keeping with Top Ten Tuesday.
- She loves the Lord with a passion, so much so that His name just rolls off her tongue.
- She demonstrates godly submission in her marriage.
- She loves on people like no one else I know.
- She's taught me what being merciful looks like. The woman just never gives up on people because she believes God is always at work in people's lives.
- She is a student of the Word, and the woman knows how to teach.
- She is not afraid to "burn the midnight oil" in ministry, working late into the night and rising early in the morning. Dependent on God's grace, she just keeps going and serving and giving.
- She loves life. I mean, she savors everything. It is rare to hear her say that she doesn't like something. It's always, "I love _______." And you can fill in the blank with whatever she's eating or smelling or watching or playing at the moment.
- She is the best homemade, pizzeria-style pizza maker I know. She crazy loves pizza!
- She drives a Jeep, which is just cool.
- She challenges me to go beyond my limits. Spiritually, she encourages me to surrender daily and to trust God because He's good, even when life is hard and messy. Physically, she's helped me become a runner, learn how to golf, and how to hit a tennis ball. (I can only claim "hitting" the ball. Controlling the ball is an entirely different matter.)
Happy Birthday, Judy! Wishing you the most special day. I love you.
For more Top Ten Tuesday, click over and visit ohamanda.