Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Day Off

I'm not at work today because the power company scheduled a power outage.  I guess they're doing some work out at the road and will have the power off until early afternoon.

So instead, I'm at home being leisurely.   I slept in until 7:30, and that hardly ever happens, but it was a good thing for today because I have a sore throat.   It started feeling scratchy yesterday and only got worse.  I think it's a sinus thing, but just to be on the safe side I'm taking Airborne.

I'm taking Dixie to the vet in a little while.  She's way overdue for her shots.  It's always a little disconcerting to take our pets to the vet when we know we're late on the shots.  We wonder if they'll revoke our pet ownership because we stink as pet parents. 

We're getting ready to paint our bedroom. I should take some before and after shots for you.  I think Rich is prepping the walls today, and then he'll probably paint tomorrow.  I asked if I get to help, and he said I can.  I just have a feeling that he'll get it finished before I get home from work, and there will be nothing left for me to do.  That happened with the bathroom. 

I've chosen a light blue (Pale Flowers) for the walls and a darker blue (Summerhouse Blue) for the trim around the door, windows and closet.  Rich is picking up some samples for us to try out, and then I'll make a definite decision.  Yes, I get to make the decision because Rich is color blind. 

I better get going.  I need to dry my hair and finish getting ready for the day, and then we're off to the vet.

Did you enjoy this post? Consider subscribing to my feed.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time off.... and the fact that he will paint the bedroom for you!! That's awesome!

    :)
    ~Tabitha~

    freshmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping in for me is later than 7:30...haha. That is early! Sleeping in to me is like 9:30-10:00! Haha. That is how late I always sleep on my days off! But then again, I think I have a sleep disorder...which is a part of my health probs! Cuz..I am always tired and need way more sleep than normal ppl. Not joking! Im serious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.