Friday, April 17, 2009

Caffeinated Randomness: The Painting Project

It's Friday, and the painting of the bedroom begins.  Rich brought home the three samples of the blues we want to try and brushed them on the wall and trim to see if we can get an idea of how it might look. 

After heavy deliberation, we decided that the Pale Flowers was just too icy of a blue.  We're going with the next shade darker.

Painting has always been such a long, difficult process for us.  I do not have an eye to visualize the finished product, so choosing color is grueling.  As much as I'm tempted to try real color, we always wind up staying safe with neutral tones.  Blue will be a big leap from any color we've previously used.  It makes me nervous and excited at the same time.

Have a good Friday, everyone.

Randomness FridayIf you'd like to read more randomness, head over to Andrea's.

 

 

 

 

Did you enjoy this post? Consider subscribing to my feed.

4 comments:

  1. I also struggle to see end products in my mind. I'm sure it will look lovely! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting IS exciting. A fresh color on the walls makes all the difference in the world.

    Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you new blog look!

    I have to admit I actually LOVE painting! The most important thing to remember is that it's just paint! So if you hate it when it's done, you can always repaint later. I had to do that with our old kitchen. I picked the WRONG yellow. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing about painting is that it is an instant facelift! I bet you are going to be blown away by how beautiful the room looks.

    Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.