Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Yes, Lord!"

Yes, Lord What is the universal sign of surrender?  Wave the white flag, of course.

I'm holding in my hand a handkerchief that has "Yes, Lord!" embroidered on the corner.  It was one of the gifts included in the sweet tote bag I received at the True Woman Conference. Nancy wanted us to utilize these as a reminder of how we are to surrender to the Lord.   

In one of the sessions Janet Parshall taught us using the example of Mary, the mother of Jesus.  She was just a 13 year old girl who humbly waved her white flag of surrender when the angel declared that she would have a baby and He would be the Son of God.  She said, Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word. (Luke 1:38)  She simply stated that she was the lowest of the lowliest servants, and she would surrender to God the Father's will.

My heart is so full after this conference.  Lots of thoughts, desires and emotions run through me as the days pass.  I want to be all that God has called me to be, but I can't do it myself.  By God's grace I can strive for it.  So I will carry this in my Bible as a visible reminder of what my heart should say when I read God's truth.  Yes, Lord!

If He is Lord, then the only right answer is, "Yes, Lord." ~ Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.