Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Books & A Hook (or How I Spent My Weekend)

I took advantage of the long weekend to get a lot of reading done, as well as work on a crochet project.  I finished one book to be reviewed and started in on another book just "for fun".  Don't get me wrong.  The books I review are for fun, too, but I have a long list of books I've been marking to-be-read for the last year.  So lots and lots of reading.

And then about that crochet project.  I was able to knock another book off my list while crocheting.  Turns out that my library's website offers a service of e-audiobooks that can be checked out.  I found  The Missing (Seasons of Grace, Book 2)and downloaded it to my computer, then transferred it to my Kindle.  I listened to a 9-hour audiobook while I crocheted. 

Spending hours with my yarn and hook, I became very familiar with the narrator's voice on my audiobook, so much so that I kept wanting to get back to my project so I could listen to her.  At first, I wasn't even that thrilled with the story, but it was something to listen to.  Eventually, though, it grew on me. 

Monday night I finished the crochet project and the audiobook.  I'm sure gonna miss my little reader gal, though.  She has such a pleasant voice.

So do you know what I'm doing now?  I'm looking for more yarn to start a new project.  And guess what the library has... the third installment of that Amish series on e-audiobook just waiting to be checked out.

  • Subscribe to my blog by Email or Feed Reader
  • Follow me on Twitter

    Share/Bookmark 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.