Wednesday, September 01, 2010

What's Up With That?

I've seriously been thinking of starting a series on my blog in which I write about things I just don't get.  You know those things that make me say, "Huh?" and scratch my head.  Right now I've got several just floating around in my thoughts that I could talk about.

For instance, I was in the church foyer yesterday and heard a loud knocking coming from the far end of the hallway.  No one else was at the church, so I wondered what could be making the noise. 

I walked down the hallway and heard, "Caw caw caw!" and the loud knocking continued.  I reached the classroom at the end of the hall, and there on the windowsill a big, fat crow was perched.  He was knocking loudly on the window with his beak.

I'm not talking about a light tap tapping on the window.  He wanted in!  He pecked at the bottom of the window as if he could somehow pry it open, and he continued to beat on the window with his beak and bark out, "Caw caw caw!"

The crows that hang out at the church are scary. They're big and loud, and for some reason they want in. 

What's up with that?!?

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the movie BIRDS! AUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I'd be brave enough to walk towards knocking if I were in a church alone!

    My first thought was that crows are super smart and he wanted to get inside for some good teaching. :)

    Actually, crows are so territorial that if they see their own reflection in glass, they may try to attack the "rival." That may explain the tapping and cawing.

    I hope you'll post more "What's Up With That?" stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.