Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's a Tropical Paradise in My Armpit

I do apologize to those who come here to read quality, heart-felt writing.  There will be none of that today, since I've spent the whole morning in bed with dizziness and drowsiness (the effect of taking Dramamine).  In my feeble attempt at remaining connected to my blog friends, what I give you is all that I've got for today.  Mind you, Dramamine has always had a strange effect on me, and I don't know that I can be held fully responsible for what I write under the influence of the aforementioned pharmaceutical.

The topic for today is deodorant.  I am a Secret Platinum girl, but I ran out yesterday and don't know when my next shopping trip is.  No worries, though, because I do keep a back-up in the medicine cabinet.  The back-up is one of those tried-it-once-and-it's-not-what-I-thought-it-would-be items. 

So after I peeled myself out of bed and took a shower at 11:00 to try and feel somewhat human, I remembered I was all out of my Secret Platinum and went and grabbed the back-up out of the cabinet.  The current back-up is Suave Invisible Solid in the scent of Tropical Paradise.  Who wouldn't want to feel as fresh as a tropical paradise? 

I must admit that I am a sucker for the name of a scent, and I always judge a book (or a deodorant in this instance) by the picture on the front.  This packaging shows a lovely golden sunset with a palm tree next to a beach house.  Anyone who wears this deodorant is going to feel just like they're on a vacation, for sure.

But let me just say that I don't know what sort of testing they do or standards they have set at Suave because maybe I don't know what the precise purpose for deodorant usage is.  I'm not sure that I am actually supposed to smell like a Tropical Paradise ALL. DAY. LONG.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't I just want to keep the stinky away?  It's been hours since I applied it, and every time I move my arm away from my body or raise my hand to get a plate from the cupboard... I'm smellin' the Tropical Paradise!  Trust me, there is such a thing as too much tropical, no matter how much I love coconut, pineapple, and the scent of an ocean breeze at sunset.

Now I remember why this stick became the back-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.