Friday, July 04, 2008

It's the 4th of July but...

It hasn't been the most thrilling holiday a girl can have around here.  Right now I'm sitting on my front porch alone.  Seems like I should be out with friends or family, fishing or playing or doing pretty much anything else.  But I'm blogging. 

Yes, I got to sleep in and take a paid day off from work, but still....  Rich has to work 10 - 6 today, so I'm home alone.  Unless you count the cats and the dog, and I don't think we should.

I went for a run this morning, but let's not talk about it.  It was hard, and that's all I'm sayin'.  Then I tried to do that bike thing, ya know, the physical activity I've had a craving for?  But we're not gonna talk about that either because...well...I only rode half a mile and my knees already hurt.  So I'm not talking about it.

I treated myself to Taco Bell for lunch.  I had a craving for a burrito supreme, so I went with it.  (Pretty much knocks out the running, huh?)  I even ordered a Diet Pepsi just for kicks.  That probably sounds ridiculous to you, but I only drink pop about once every 3 months or so because I think it upsets my stomach.  Yep, I'm livin it up Liz-style!

Anyhoooo...Dixie Groomed

Then I came out here on my enclosed front porch because it's a comfortable temperature, and there's a nice breeze coming through.  I decided this would be a good place to groom the dog, which is an event all in itself.  Grooming is one of those things that Dixie has a love-hate relationship with.  She loves it when I say the word "brush".  She gets a gleam in her eye, her ears perk up, and her tail starts to waggin' while following me to where we keep the brush and the grooming spray.  Then she spends the next half hour running away from me when I try to brush her with the brush.  If anyone can explain a Sheltie to me, have at it.

I bought meat to grill tonight, and I had every intention of grilling before today.  Now I'm sensing more of a need to just get out and do something, so I can get a holiday feeling.  Why am I so much about the feelings?  I think my husband still owes me a dinner from a week ago that we never had.

I guess I'm going to try and read a book now.  Those library books are due in a few days, and I've hardly touched them.  And if you're a regular around here and know about my whole library books thing...you can STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES AT ME NOW.

Have a nice holiday.  Hope your weather is as gorgeous as it is in Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.