Friday, July 11, 2008

An Evening of Quality Entertainment

alfRich was lamenting the fact that since we don't have cable we couldn't watch 2 hours of Alf on WGN tonight, and there really wasn't anything else to watch.  

Alf.  Now there's some quality 80's TV viewing I have missed.  Yeah, right.  But in an effort to make him happy, I remembered that Hulu.com has old TV episodes to watch on the internet, so I pulled up the web site and checked it out.  Sure enough, they have some of Alf.  We watched an episode, which is probably considered a classic, in which the family thinks Alf ate their cat Lucky while they were away.

Since that was only a 20-minute episode, we wanted to watch something else that would last a little longer.  We landed on a newer episode of Monk.  Man, do I love Monk!  Now THAT'S quality television.  Since we don't have cable, we were able to see a show we hadn't seen before, and that was very enjoyable.

If you haven't checked out Hulu yet, you might be missing out on something.  You, too, could be enjoying evenings of quality entertainment with your family.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Alf as a kid. I doubt I could stand it now, though. Fortunately my taste in TV shows have matured. Okay, I watched SYTYCD, but other than that, sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.