Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Things Just Got a Little More Exciting

I've kinda felt...uh...just a tad panicked when Sunday rolled around because Christmas is next Tuesday. Aaaagh! The reason behind that is mostly due to the need to still shop for gifts. Thanks to my husband, we are tackling the nieces' & nephews' gifts. What isn't purchased already, is soon to be. The important thing is that we know what we're getting them. Of course, I can't help feeling like Aunt Liz has totally lost touch with her kids that she can't determine what to give them for Christmas. I've ALWAYS gone out and found the perfect items, but not this year. I was clueless. Believe me, I scoured the aisles of Walmart and Kmart to no avail. So I recruited help, and Uncle Rich came through for me.

The other major obstacle is that I am personally making a few of my gifts. I have really enjoyed making personal gifts for people. There's something special about creating something from the heart, almost like part of you is in that handcrafted treasure. I started working on one of them yesterday, and it turned out to be a little bit more effort than I initially realized. Things were tense there for a little while. (Yes, I even sinned and...uh...lost my temper.) But hope springs eternal, and I got that project nailed today. Check it off. One more to go! wOOt!!! :D

So having got that project completed (and I am so excited about the recipient who is getting it), I can't wait for Christmas! You know that feeling you get when you know you have the perfect gift that that certain someone is just gonna love? Elation. I love it!

It's gonna be so great...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.