Friday, December 07, 2007

I'm Singing Tonight

We're getting ready to go to our church's Christmas banquet tonight. It's at a dutch-themed restaurant/bakery/gift shop, and they serve fried chicken, noodles, mashed potatoes & gravy, and a different flavored slice of pie at each place setting. It's very enjoyable!

I will be singing with my bosom friend J as part of the program. I sing lead, and she sings harmony and plays the guitar. She's written a song especially for the occasion. We've been memorizing Romans 8 together, and many truths from that scripture passage are in the song. We agreed to make it the theme of the song when we were conferring on the songwriting process. It's about the glory of Christ that is being revealed in us now as we are being sanctified, but also the groaning that all creation has in waiting for the full glory that will one day be revealed when Christ redeems our bodies. That's possible because of the hope Jesus brought to us when He chose to humble Himself to become a baby born in Bethlehem, that He might one day die on the cross for our sin, so we could be reconciled to the Father.

I guess that's what will make it very special for us. Not only did J write the song, but it's written for us...it speaks our heart.

I'm looking forward to a fun evening. Maybe I'll have some pictures or something to share afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.