Monday, December 03, 2007

Anybody Have One of These?

So it's on with the Christmas memories...

Ah, yes! The aluminum Christmas tree with the color wheel. This was one of my favorite things. I was so disappointed when I went looking for a picture. I couldn't find ours. This is at my grandparents' house. I'm pretty sure this was during the time period that my dad took a zillion pictures on slides, so I don't have a snapshot. This is the best I could come up with.

Anyway, back to what I was talking about... I always loved when Dad got out the aluminum Christmas tree. It always went in our living room. (The real tree went in the family room.) We could help put the branches in their little slots and decorate it. I think we used satin ornaments, if I recall. The color wheel, though...that was the BEST! It changed the tree from red to green to blue to gold. It was absolutely beautiful.

A very funny thing about this tree is that I thought it was special, rare. I truly thought we were the only family who had one like it. I'm not kidding. I didn't know that other families had these until several years ago when we visited in the home of an elderly couple, and they had one. I flipped out! Guess our little, aluminum tree wasn't so special after all, but I guess you'll never be able to take away that happy feeling I get when I see that picture of me standing in front of it right before going to my school Christmas concert. I miss it now. :(

So... Did anyone else have one of these gems? Please post a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.