Saturday, December 29, 2007

2007... A Look Back

I found this meme on TheDailyMeme.com and tweaked it just a tad for my personal use. I'm amazed at the perspective it has given me in just this short time of answering questions. It's such a good evaluation, and I'd love it if you answer these questions on your blog. If you haven't got a blog, just leave a comment here. I'd love to hear from you.

1. Compared to 2006, was 2007 better or worse for you?

2007 was better for me for so many reasons, and I am thankful to be able to say that. It has to do with growing spiritually and taking on new physical challenges. I learned in 2007 that I can do things that I never thought I was capable of.

2. How did your year rate?

I've had an excellent year.

3. What moment do you remember as being the most emotional for you of 2007?

This is such a tough question. I am an emotional person, and I cry about everything - good and bad. There are several moments that stand out in my mind. Here are the highlights in which I laughed or cried the most (in no particular order):

  • When Judy told me her daughter was going to have a baby
  • When I was able to achieve a running goal that I never thought I'd be able to
  • When I got to see Judy for the first time after being gone to be with her daughter for 4 weeks
  • When I teed off on hole #5 at Studebaker Golf Course, and the ball landed on the green.
  • When I went fishing for the first time and caught 5 fish (I think it was 5) and then got caught in a torrential downpour. (Such a funny story!)
  • I discovered Starbucks Peppermint Mocha (I am not kidding!)

4. Do you feel that you accomplished any major goals during the year?

Wow, do I! I learned how to golf. I have almost read through the Bible in a year, minus a couple Books. I've memorized Romans 8 and will continue memorizing entire chapters of scripture. I have become more spontaneous. I've made new friends.

5. Compared to your feelings last December, are you more or less optimistic going into 2008?

It's funny that before I started answering these questions I kinda thought I was less optimistic about the new year. That's because I see my failures, where I'm falling short, and I know the yuck that is still in my life. Upon remembering all these really terrific things that the Lord has done for me, though, I am feeling SO optimistic now. How can I not go up from here. There is more to be changed in my life and more challenges to be met. That's pretty cool.

6. Will you keep your new year's resolution?

I don't have any resolutions, per se. I do look ahead with hope that I will be different at the close of 2008, but only as I continue down the road I'm on. It's a daily choice to die to self and live for Christ. Sometimes a moment by moment choice. It's only by His grace that I will press on and become the new creature He has made me to be. Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.