Thursday, November 08, 2007

Language Lovers Will Understand

I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning, and the woman said her child is learning prepositions at school. Well, it brought back a whole flood of memories for me. I remember being in the 6th grade and learning the prepositions. We recited and recited in class. One day our teacher told us we were not allowed to go for a restroom break until we had all recited.... at least something like that. Talk about pressure! You just don't make threats against a girl's bladder... that's wrong.

Anyways, I really have always loved prepositions, and I learned them so well I can say them really, really fast... still to this day. So without further ado, I will recite them all here for you. I regret that it is not the same as hearing me do it in person, but we'll just have to make do.

Ahem.... (clearing my throat)...

aboard
about
above
across
after
against
along
among
around
at
before
behind
below
beneath
beside
between
beyond
by
down
during
except
for
from
in
inside
into
like
near
of
off
on
over
past
since
through
throughout
to
toward
under
underneath
until
up
upon
with
within
without

(gasping for air)....Whew! I think that's all of them. At least I sure hope it is. I would hate to have missed one. As I typed I realized I'm just a little rusty. I better do a little review here, or I'm gonna lose this important stuff in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.