Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Getting Into the Holiday Mood

I'm responding to a question on OhAmanda's blog. She asked what puts me into the Christmas spirit. Typically for me, it's music.

I like to begin listening to Christmas music on Thanksgiving. I always anticipate that it will be playing when I walk through the door at my parents' house on Thanksgiving. I remember one year Dad had something else playing when I arrived, and I was really disappointed, even a little depressed. Why would you play anything else?

My favorites go back to my growing-up years... Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and The Carpenters. These are my all-time favorites! I don't think I could choose a favorite song, though. So many good ones: White Christmas, Sleigh Ride, I'll Be Home For Christmas, Winter Wonderland... the list goes on and on.

A couple years ago I discovered a piano CD that is my new favorite. It's called Christmas at the Movies by Michael Chertock. It is the most RELAXING music. If you're one to get stressed out during the holidays, pop this baby in and your nerves will be soothed. The best song on this CD is from the movie "Scrooge" (with Albert Finney). It's called You. I love that song because it's kind of a sad love song. There is also a fun rendition of You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch. I'm telling ya, you've got to have this CD.

I have many childhood memories that revolve around music, but I want to save those for my December blogs, since I set a personal challenge to blog about my Christmas memories through December 25th. I hope you'll be back to read more.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want to read about your Christmas memories! And I'm going to check out some of the cd's you mentioned. I love Christmas music, but my hubby is even more addicted, so he'll love to try out a new one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.