Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holiday Ponderings

I can't believe Thanksgiving Day is a week away. This year has flown! Of course, as my mind prepares for the holiday it quickly rushes on to thoughts of Christmas.

I've been playing Christmas music on my Live365 station in the office today just to kind of get myself ready. There's something about the familiar songs that brings a hundred memories rushing back, and it gave me an idea. I thought it might be fun to fill my December blogs with all my Christmas memories. A few have come to mind that I think are fun enough to share, and I would love to have 25 days of blogging. I don't know how realistic that is. Can I come up with 25 Christmas memories? I'd enjoy trying!

So I'll start brainstorming and see what I can recall from the 35 Christmases of my life. Then I'll start writing on December 1st.

Yeah, I like the idea...



1 comment:

  1. I look forward to coming back and reading your 25 days of Christmas. I've long been a fan of the season vrs the day.

    To emphasize this point with my children I started a tradition when they were young that we still do. I construct a construction paper chain of 24 links. Starting Dec. 1, each day leading up to Christmas day, a link in the chain is broken and read. Inside each link is a Christmas season activity we'll all participate in that day. It might reading a devotional, making out Christmas cards, wrapping presents,etc. But the idea is to stress the season and meaning of Christmas.

    So I'm looking forward to reading your Christmas memories (hopefully I'll find some ideas of ways to make our season more special as well).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.