Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Small Incentive

I've been trying to lose weight since last November (at least officially), but it hasn't happened very fast.   Obviously, since this is October.  I still have the last 10 pounds to go, which will at least get me into my healthy weight bracket. 

But that little birthday I had?  Kinda got me off track.  I basically started excusing myself from eating well for the rest of the week, and I ended up gaining weight, or so that rotten-good-for-nothing scale told me this morning.  {sigh}

Saturday is gonna come quick, and I'd really like to avoid crying my eyes out when I have to weigh in at First Place.  I decided to kick it into gear and get back to work on this thing.  I've recorded all my foods today, I've already had 8 glasses of water, and I did the treadmill thing this afternoon - 15 minutes of running and 20 minutes of walking.  Would you believe I even got out my weights and did some upper body training?  Oh yes I did!

Since I know I am about as disciplined as a 5 year old, I thought maybe a small incentive might be in order.  I set a goal to exercise Monday through Friday this week, which I have never done before.  If I achieve the aforementioned goal, I will be getting my cute, little self right on over to the mall to buy myself a present.

Are you familiar with Philosophy?  I had heard of it but never experienced it in person, until I was at Sephora this weekend.  Their bath gels, lotions, and lip shines smell out of this world.  I found this Not the Pits Cherry Cola lip shine and started yearning for it.  It smells EXACTLY like cherry cola.  EXACTLY.

Philosophy cherry colaI just couldn't justify spending $12 for lip gloss.  I'm just not that hip and trendy and all makeup-y.  Ya know?  But I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I fell madly in love right there in Sephora.

So...

If I keep my exercise commitment, I will be rewarding myself with this fabulous lip shine, even if I don't lose any weight.  (Although, a loss of 2 pounds would just be icing on the cake.)

Uh... maybe I shouldn't use food metaphors. {ahem}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.