Thursday, October 16, 2008

Accountability Check-In

I was back on the treadmill this afternoon.  I decided I would only walk for 30 minutes, rather than doing any running.  I also chose to read a book while I walked. 

It worked out pretty well for about 20 minutes.  I was distracted by the book, which made the time pass quickly.  Only problem was, once I was 20 minutes into it, I started feeling ucky.  I tossed the book down and walked the last 10 minutes without distraction.

(I'm not sure you're aware of this, but I have dizziness/motion issues and have to be careful with things that can set it off.) 

I never did recover from the ucky feeling.  When I walk I feel a little dizzy and just *bleccckkk!*.  It even makes me want to eat a little crazy, too, but I'm not falling to that temptation.  I've worked too hard this week to succumb to a silly craving that is basically "smoke and mirrors". 

It seems this feeling should subside overnight.  I don't even know that I'm feeling it completely now.  We shall see what happens tomorrow and whether I will get back on that treadmill or not.

My husband has reminded me repeatedly today that if I don't get on the treadmill tomorrow...NO PHILOSOPHY LIP GLOSS.  It's funny how perspective changes.  I'm not even sure that would bother me.  I know the work I've put in this week by exercising, sticking to my food boundaries, and drinking 8 glasses of water a day.  All of that success is confidence-building.  I doubt I need the lip gloss incentive now.

I'll let you know how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.