Thursday, September 04, 2008

What a Way To Start My Morning

I was in a car accident this morning on my way to work.  I'm fine, though.  Really.  When I called to report the accident, the operator asked me if I was alright.  I assured her I was, but she said my voice sounded a bit shaky.  I guess I was slightly shaken, but I think I was more startled than anything.  It just happened so quickly.  And unexpectedly.  But I guess that's what defines an accident, huh?

This was just a minor fender bender.  Not a big deal.  And totally not my fault.  A Ford Explorer basically swiped across the front bumper of my Neon at an intersection when he didn't see me making a left-hand turn in front of him.  I was too far into the intersection to avoid a scrape by the time I realized he just didn't see me there.  It tore my #1 Notre Dame Fan license plate right off the front of my car.  {GASP}  And of course, the Explorer came out unscathed.  (He's probably a USC fan.)  Ha Ha... just kidding.

The really special part was getting to stand out in the morning rain while waiting for the officer to get all the information, after having spent the morning primping my new hairstyle with a curling iron and everything, only to have said hairstyle shrivel up into a nasty ball of frizz.  Now that's a picture you're never gonna see on this blog.  NOT EVER.

I'm feeling the littlest bit of soreness at the base of my neck after all that, but it's okay.  I've had whiplash before, and that was awful.  If I'm thankful for anything, it's that the accident was minor enough to prevent serious pain.  Yes, I'm definitely thankful for that.

But do you know what a girl really needs after all that?  Yeah...you know what I was thinkin'. 

Tall non-fat raspberry mocha with whip.

I'm definitely thankful for the very nice barista at Starbucks, too.

1 comment:

  1. This post has a lot of voice in it. Good job!

    Now if only it had a picture of the frizz... (I have a pretty funny picture of me with extremely frizzy hair...I should post it sometime!)

    I am glad that you were okay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.