Friday, September 05, 2008

Hand Over the Bouncy Creme, And No One Will Get Hurt!

In all honesty, I must tell you that I am struggling with the hair.  Yeah, my new style is giving me fits.  That's because I have naturally wavy hair that has a life of its own.  Untameable!  (My mom didn't call me Frizzy Lizzy for nothin'.)

That miracle product, Bouncy Creme, that my hairstylist used worked fabulous to create a soft, sleek, gorgeous "do" for me.  The problem was that he was out of Bouncy Creme the day I was at the salon and is supposed to bring some to me on Sunday.  So I'm trying to hold my own WITHOUT my miracle product.  It's not working.  Not working AT ALL. 

Suddenly I find myself consumed with my looks.  I don't remember caring this much before the haircut.  I mean, frizz has always been my arch nemesis, but I'd just pull my hair back into a clip and go about my business.  Now it's a whole different ball game.  I'm trying to get my bangs just so.  Using the curling iron to get just the right wispy tapering toward my face.  But when I look in the mirror, all I see is something akin to a big, woolly sheep on my head.  {sigh}

So what I'm about to say has been creeping up on me all day.  I don't want to say it.  I really don't, but... what if... what if the haircut was... a... mistake?  {big gasp}  Oh man, I can't believe I just said that!  Tell me I did not just say that!  I know, I know.  That's just the lack of Bouncy Creme talking.  I know that's got to be it.  Has to be.  Right? 

RIGHT?!?

1 comment:

  1. A lack of the appropriate tools should never be equated to a failure. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.