Friday, September 12, 2008

Just Hit Me!

Can someone tell me?  Do I have a sign draped across the front of my car that says -

IGNORE ME!  I DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY AT A 4-WAY STOP, EVEN IF I WAS HERE FIRST.  GO AHEAD AND HIT ME! 

Ever since my accident last week I have been very trepidatious at 4-way stops.  I've had a few incidents where people are disregarding my right of way.  Happened again this morning.  I start to pull into the intersection to make my left turn, and sure enough the woman to my right just goes right through ahead of me.

I drive a white car, people!  It's the most visible car on the road.  And with my lights on.  I just don't think you can miss me.

That's it!  I'm walking!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, people are even worse with yielding the right-of-way to pedestrians. At least in your car you have some safety features!

    I almost got hit today by a car as I was walking in the crosswalk and he was turning onto the street I was crossing. I knew he was there the whole time so I wasn't really going to get hit, but I don't stop even though they aren't yielding the right-of-way. I want to make a point and keep walking. He swerved rather than stopped like he should have. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.