Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hope

Do you ever struggle with bitterness when it seems like the enemy has got the upper hand? I do. I'm struggling right now in some personal things.

Then this morning I watched the news and was saddened to once again see the results of the evil in the world around us. A group of friends lured a friend to a home just to beat her up with the intention of posting it on YouTube. The girl was beaten so badly she has serious damage to her eye and currently is deaf in one of her ears. The officer who was interviewed about questioning the suspects said the girls were laughing about the situation and asked if they would be out of jail in time to go to cheerleading practice the next day. What is wrong with our world?

My eyes welled with tears as I thought about the way the world has rejected God. They bow to the idol of self. Where is the hope in the midst of such evil?

As I went about the business of getting myself ready for work, I turned on some music. My CD of Watermark came on, and the first song that played was You Are My Stronghold. As I listened to the words, peace came sweeping in. Have you ever wanted to just live in a song? There is peace in the truth of those words, based on Psalm 27. No matter how hard and fast the enemy is coming at you, if you place yourself in the presence of God, you have already triumphed over the enemy. He cannot touch your soul because you've found refuge and salvation in the Lord.

I've provided the video of Watermark performing this song, but the quality is not excellent. I'm printing the words below it, so you can better respond to them.


Lord you are my light and my salvation
Whom shall I fear if you are near
Lord you are my peace when there is war all around me
And even here inside me I will have no fear

Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies
You set me high upon a rock and You defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole
O Lord, you are my stronghold
You are my stronghold

Lord you are my strength so let my head be lifted up
That I may glory in the ways you've overcome
Lord you are my home because you've created in me,
a heart that lives the victory that you've already won

Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies
You set me high upon a rock and You defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole
O Lord, you are my stronghold
You are my stronghold

You Are My Stronghold by Watermark (All Things New)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.