Monday, October 04, 2010

Weeklong Celebration

MP900422320 This Wednesday it's my birthday, so I'm celebrating by taking the whole week off work.  I hadn't used vacation time yet, so I figured I better get to it, seeing how it's already October and 9 months of the year have already passed me by.

It's October, people!  How can that be? 

Well, anyway, I'm glad it's October because it's my birthday.  We just won't talk about which birthday it is, or it will spoil the celebrating for me.  It's not the BIG one yet, but the BIG one is looming in the distance, a little too close for my comfort.

So far on my first day of vacation I have spent it washing and folding laundry and reading a book.  I did head out for an afternoon walk, though, because I thought I could use some fresh air, and I'm also trying to be proactive in fighting off those extra calories that I am sure to consume over the birthday celebration.  I've got big plans for Tuesday and Wednesday, and they do involve good food.

Have a great week.  I plan to!

  • Subscribe to my blog by Email or Feed Reader
  • Follow me on Twitter

    Share/Bookmark 

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday week! I hope you enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I hope you enjoy this week off. I'll be taking some much needed rest next week myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, just for the record, I sent your card before I saw this post! ;) Hope you have a great day tomorrow! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.