Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hot Dog, Anyone?

I'm still plugging away at that running thing.  I'm working on the 3 minutes run/3 minutes walk interval.  Maybe just one more time out at that, and then I'll move up to 5 minutes of running.  I'm not quite there yet.

When I ran on Monday, though, something concerned me.  Somewhere around the beginning of the third lap, I started thinking Dairy Queen.  Seriously.  Dairy Queen!  I thought how refreshing it would be to drive over there as soon as I finished my laps and get a yummy, frozen treat.  How can a person be thinking about indulging in a Fudge Brownie Temptation served in a waffle dish while they're running?  The sundae would cancel out the running, probably 3 days worth of running.  And then a few days before that, I was at the park in the evening while softball games were going on, and a hot dog vendor was pushing a cart down the street toward me.  All I could think about was stopping and eating a hot dog.  Right in the middle of my run.  The only thing stopping me was that I wasn't carrying any cash.

Does anybody else get cravings while they're exercising?

1 comment:

  1. I've never experienced this, but my very first roommate would always get a smoothie after she exercised. It just seemed like she was balancing out (or worse).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.