Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back To Work

Rich went back to work yesterday.  Not to his normal job, though.  His wrist is still in the cast.  They found something else for him to do, so workman's comp doesn't have to pay his full wage.  He gets to stand outside the gas station greeting customers and watching for, and hopefully deterring, any drive-offs.  He gets to do that for 8 hours a day, and let me tell you how THRILLED he is about that.  (please read sarcasm into that statement)  I believe the word they used for this position is guinea pig.  It seems that if that position meets a need, the company will be implementing this position at all their locations.

He'll be at that position for a few weeks because even after the cast comes off, he will still need a little rehabilitation to get the strength back in that arm.  In the meantime, I get to enjoy a few hours of alone time on the afternoons he works.  Monday was the first day, and I relished every minute.  I even stopped at the library on my way home from work to find a novel to read.  (I can hear you all placing bets now on whether or not I'll actually finish the one two three books I brought home.)

We'll see how everything works out over the next few weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. It’s a bet, a DQ Fudge brownie temptation says you can’t even finish ONE book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, mister! I certainly can finish one book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.