Friday, May 02, 2008

Weekend Stuff

Would you believe my car has already been repaired?  It was finished within a couple hours of dropping it off at the mechanic.  Turns out it needed a fuse replaced, and it was a pretty simple procedure and not too expensive.  We still need the suspension repaired, but we don't need it fixed right away.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  We're having a luncheon at church, and it's going to be the biggest turnout we've ever had.  Over 100 ladies and their girls have signed up to attend.  The theme is based on sewing and patterns, so they're decorating with dress forms, an old sewing machine, scrap fabric, and various sewing notions.  I was in charge of making the welcome sign.  I glued some calico fabric to a poster board and then printed out the words for the sign off of the computer, along with a couple clip art photos. 

We're supposed to take a salad to the luncheon, and I was really glad that yesterday when I started thumbing through my cookbook I happened across a recipe I've made before.  It's a healthy version of creamy coleslaw.  I decided that I might try adding a little horseradish to give it a zing, just for fun.  I've already mixed it up and think it tastes pretty good.  I know once it's chilled awhile those flavors are going to mingle and intensify.  I can't wait to see what the horseradish does to the taste.

I've got First Place Bible study first thing in the morning, the luncheon at 11:30, and then I'm going to a friend's open house for her college graduation.  I know the weekend is going to fly.  I'll be sitting at my desk on Monday morning, wondering what happened to the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun luncheon. You know I loved themed stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.