Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bye-Bye, Fridge

I feel like my car is on its last legs...or should that be tires?  No, the tires are fine. 

I was out running a couple errands this afternoon, and my car starting dinging at me.  DING. DING. DING. DING.  Hmmm...why is it doing that?  The Neon is quirky, so I didn't think too much of it.  The oil light has been on for a year, and it means nothing.  I drove a little farther then... DING. DING. DING. DING.  Uh, what's going on?  I finally noticed that the little guage that reads H or C was on the H.  From what I know about cars, that's not really where the little arrow thingy should be pointing.  H = bad. C = good.

I called Rich, and he said I could try to drive it home.  I did, but the thing was sure goofy.  It cooled down as I drove, but then it heated up when I idled.  Again, I don't know anything about cars, but that doesn't make sense to me.  Seems like it would be the other way around.

I made it home, but he's just taken the car over a couple blocks to a mechanic.  Since we haven't had a car repair yet in this new town, I sure hope the mechanic is a good one.

This overheating incident is not the only problem.  I think we need a new suspension and possibly the brakes need work, too.  It's kind of starting to look like I won't be buying that new refrigerator we were planning for.

In the meantime, it appears I might be stranded here without a car.  I can't drive Rich's because it's a manual transmission, and I don't know how to drive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.