Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm Learning

I hadn't mentioned this to you before, but I finally finished War of Words.  I am so thankful I read that book.  So far in the few years that I've really been into reading Christian non-fiction, there are only a handful of books that I would consider to be life-changing.  This is one of them.  It deals so much with seeing God's work in relationships and knowing that even the most difficult conversations are ordained by Him in order to show us what's in our hearts, as well as to cause us to help one another become more like Christ.

I feel like it's been more far reaching than that for me.  It extends into the everyday circumstances of life that don't even involve conversation.  I believe the Lord has taught me to look for His work in all things.  I see His work in other people's lives so much more readily now, whenever someone explains something difficult they're going through.  I have been able to see God in the midst of their struggles when all they see is the awfulness.  I desire to turn inward and look at my life in the same way, to investigate exactly where the Lord is working His good purposes in my life.  I believe that when we look for Him to work and even anticipate it, we see His hand more quickly in the trial.  I want that to cause me to trust Him more than I have in the past.

That's what He's been teaching me lately.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts, Liz. I'm going to check that book out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.