Monday, May 19, 2008

Sick and Tired. Literally.

I'm going to be really honest right now.  And when I say honest, I mean lay my heart out bare for you to know how I'm really feeling.

Life right now seems so unfair. 

Rich is disabled without use of his right hand, and even though he isn't completely helpless, he's been very uncomfortable with pain ever since they put the cast on.  I'm tired of that.  We're left to wonder until Thursday when he goes back to get an x-ray about whether or not his wrist got moved when they put the cast on and if there's a problem.  That frustrates me. 

I went to the doctor today because I've been having some stomach problems for over a month that I really don't want to talk about.  Something is very wrong in there, and it's making life difficult for me because I can feel fine one minute and feel pain the next.  And I don't want to be too far from the little girls' room, if you know what I mean.  (That's as much as I'll say on the blog.)  I didn't even want to go to the doctor, but sometimes a person just gets desperate.  I got to sit and try to remain calm from the time of my appointment, which was 2:30, until I finally saw the doctor, which was at about 4:00.  They were short-handed, and very behind.  Then to be told by the doctor that...ANYTHING could cause this... It's probably something in your diet...I won't be able to tell you anything today... makes me want to cry.  If you only knew the lengths I've gone to in the past to alter my diet to try to feel well, you'd understand why that thought brings such dread. 

I go back in a week for blood work results and to see if he can figure anything out.  I'm tired of this, and I don't want to live with it for one more day, let alone another week (or two or three or how long?).

Are you picking up that I'm tired?  Yep, I'm TIRED.  It's not a physical tired.  It's just an I'm feeling oppressed kind of tired.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh.Liz...I'm so sorry life has dealt you some blows lately. It stinks, but take comfort in the fact that "God knows"...none of this surprises Him, and He has it under control. I know how much you probably don't want to hear that, but just the same, He loves you and He will see you through. I'll be praying....Blessings~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are having a hard time! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, praying for you! He is our strength!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.