Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Who Needs a Dishwasher?

I did something this week that has revolutionized my life. Okay, revolutionized might be too big a word for the transformation, but it's going to make my life in the kitchen so much better.

I've really struggled not having a dishwasher in this house. My dear husband has been such a help, taking dishwashing duties upon himself most of the time. Sometimes, I admit, it becomes a contest to see who can hold out the longest on not washing dishes until we can't see the countertops any longer (I'm kidding), but he really does do most of the dishwashing.

I read on the FlyLady website that if you do not have a dishwasher but want to keep your sink shiny and free of dishes, you put a dishpan under the sink to fill up with dirty dishes until you're ready to wash them. How ingenious! Why didn't I think of that?

So I ran out and bought a dishpan. (I bought the biggest one they had.) Problem was I didn't have any space under my sink because we store cleaning products down there. Well, I took off for a couple days out of town, and while I was gone my husband did some rearranging. Bless his heart, he actually made room for the dishpan, so we were on our way.

Tonight after dinner I could see that the dishpan was about as full as I would really want it to get, and it was time to wash. I pulled it out of there and got my dishwater started. Would you believe I had those dishes done in 10 minutes flat?!? It even surprised Rich.

I can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.