Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sugar Free and Loving It

Since I started my latest First Place session on a quest to lose a good 15 pounds, I've been in search of the perfect snacks to replace all the "bad" stuff. I love cookies, and I've been recently browsing the dreaded cookie aisle on trips to the grocery store in hopes of finding something that will fit into my "live-it" plan (as opposed to a "die-t" - get it?). I found a few products, whose nutritional numbers aren't too bad.

Then yesterday I ran into Walgreens to pick up some milk and lunchmeat and happened to turn around and browse their snack selection, you know, just to see what kind of healthy low-fat snacks they had to offer a girl who is watching her waistline. Lo and behold they had Sugar Free Oreos! I have not seen these in my grocery store, so I don't know if they're new or if my store just doesn't carry them. I bought a box, of course. I mean, what else was I going to pair up with the milk I just bought?
I love them! You cannot tell that they are sugar free. Granted they are smaller than their sugar-filled counterpart and you only get two in a serving, but if you just need a little chocolate Oreo fix, this will do it. They're 100 calories with 5 g of fat. They even have 3 g of fiber. And don't you know that fiber is my friend.

But lest you get the idea in your head that you could consume say... half the box at one sitting... heed this warning. Excess consumption may have a laxative effect. Probably all that fiber. LOL! Consider yourself duly warned, and proceed to the nearest cookie aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.