Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Know & Tell Friday"... uh make that Saturday

I'm a day behind on the Friday "Know & Tell" meme. Since I had already posted my other meme yesterday, I figured I'd hold off on this one until today. So here we go...

1. Which is worse? Being gossipped about or being lied to?

Having experienced both, I feel being lied to is worse. Communication comes to a halt when you're not dealing with truth.

2. I see that a lot of ladies out there in blogville are "Starbucks" gals... What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink?

Oh, my! Can any one of my readers guess? Let me give you a hint: It starts with PEPPERMINT and ends with MOCHA!!! If you need me to elaborate on this answer, please see this post.

3. Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good).
Well, seeing as I have PLENTY of embarrassing moments to choose from, this shouldn't be too difficult. One of them goes all the way back to a piano recital when I was 16. It was my last recital. I was the oldest student that my teacher had. Of course, we had to memorize the piece we played. Not a problem! I could've played mine backwards and forwards with one hand tied behind my back. When it was my turn I walked to the piano, sat down with my hands in my lap and thought about the first notes of my song. Then... nothing. I couldn't remember a thing. My teacher came to the piano to see what the problem was, and I told her I couldn't remember how my piece began. She tried to play a few keys to jog my memory, and they weren't right. I don't remember exactly what I played that day. I just remembered that I played something. It was one of the most humiliating days of my life. It sure wasn't the "blaze of glory" that I would've preferred. But I survived.

4. I figure that most of us ladies out there are bargain shoppers and that we find ways to save money, but what is one thing that you don't mind spending your bucks on?
See question #2 above. I can easily spend $3.60 for a little cup of mocha happiness.

Bonus Questions

5. Is it hard for you to ask someone to forgive you when you have wronged them?

That is definitely hard for me.

6. Give one of your best parenting tips...something that you have learned through experience.

I am not a parent, but I have parents and have observed other parents. I would say that parents need to be honest with their kids about their failures and admit to their kids when they've been wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Great point on question 1... I guess I too do not mind spending a little extra money on a specialty drink with lots of whip cream. Come back next Friday for more questions..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.