Thursday, January 03, 2008

Snow Is Not the Only Thing Falling

We've been despising...er...uh...reveling in all the snow here in Indiana. I think there's about 12 inches here in our neck of the woods. It's very beautiful, but traffic was horrendous tonight just because of the roads. Seems like it really got packed down, and it's created some very slippery conditions.

I am a very cautious person when it comes to walking on snow and ice. I will walk as slowly as possible to avoid an embarrassing spill. So last night when I went to church I decided to wear my boots. They're high-heeled, mind you, but I figured they'd keep my feet warm better than a loafer. I had no troubles whatsoever getting around the parking lot.

But I never expected I would slip and fall the moment I stepped into my house!!! Seems the soles of my boots were still wet, and as I stepped onto the linoleum at the back door.... BAM! down I went! It sure felt like minutes passed before Rich came to check on me. How could he not feel the house shake as my big butt hit the floor? I laughed at the absurdity of the situation, but it hurt badly. Butt throbbing. Hands stinging. Ouchy!

I still feel sore today, but it's nothing like I imagined it might be. I thought I might crawl out of bed this morning and hobble through my day with a limp. Thankfully, though, no hobbling has been necessary.

Stinkin' boots!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.