Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Newest Crafty Project

I've been working on a new crochet project. I'm pretty excited about this one, but I can't tell you what it is or who it's for because I don't know if they read my blog.

It took me forever to choose the pattern because I'm a bit of a novice and have to read the pattern directions carefully in order to know if I'll be able to actually follow it. Being a self-taught crocheter, some directions still don't make sense to me, even on the patterns that say "Easy". I had purchased a pattern book off eBay several months ago, so I've been waiting to try something from that book for quite some time.

I chose this pattern with wavy shells, and I love it. Five rows are now complete, so I think I'm on my way now. It's so exciting when the design starts really taking off. I've found it very easy to follow, and I'm just working through it a couple rows at a time so as not to stress myself out over something that should be relaxing and enjoyable.

The color of yarn I picked out is delicious, too. That's about the only word I can use to describe it. A variegation of pastel blues, pinks and yellows. I could almost eat it. (Does anyone else know what I'm talking about here, or am I the only crazy girl who thinks such things?)

Don't you love making personal gifts? I've mentioned it before, but I just can't express the enjoyment that comes while I'm creating something to give to a special person. I think about them while I work. I imagine it could even be a ministry, not only in giving of myself but even being prayerful for the person as I work. I guess that's something I hadn't considered before. I am going to try to keep that in mind the next time I set out to work on my project.

Since I hadn't posted since Monday, I thought I'd let you know I'm still alive and at least share this little sunshine from my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.