Friday, January 11, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Well, so far this is my most exciting post EVER. That's because I've been tagged by OhAmanda, my new bloggy friend. I've actually.been.TAGGED! No one has ever tagged me, so I feel very honored.

I need a moment....

(sigh)

Okay. I'm good.

THE RULES:
1. Each player starts with 5 gifts that they would want for the New Year.
2. People who are “CARDED” (let's call it tagged) need to write their own Blog about their 5 things & post these rules.
3. At the end of your Blog, you need to choose 5 people to get “CARDED” and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a COMMENT telling them they’re “CARDED”, and to read your Blog.

So here goes...

My Materialistic Wishlist:
  1. Portable Dishwasher - We moved into our house sight-unseen, and the only complaint I have about it is that there's no dishwasher. I'm ready to go the paper plate route after a year and a half.... or it was more like after the first week. :)
  2. Laptop Computer - That would truly be in the "want" category and not in the "need" category.
  3. Disney Vacation - We haven't been there since October 2000. That's the longest I've ever gone without visiting the mouse.
  4. Car - My Neon still runs, but it has seen better days. I seriously need to upgrade to an SUV of some sort to haul around my golf clubs and other athletic paraphanelia.
  5. A New Personal Blog Design - I'm so jealous of some of you bloggy girls out there.

My Spiritual Wishlist:

  1. To grow in the knowlege of God
  2. Learn to rest in the knowledge that with Christ there is always hope
  3. I want to be a better discipler
  4. Learn to do better at preferring others before myself
  5. To hold my tongue when I know that's what the Holy Spirit is telling me to do

I don't know if 5 things in the spiritual wishlist is enough. Couldn't I go on and on? It's quite obvious to me that the second wishlist is so much more important than all on the first list. I don't need any of the material stuff, but I desperately need all the spiritual stuff.

Alright, I guess it's time for me to tag 5 people. Hmmm... do I know 5 other bloggers? Let's see. How about...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for tagging me! I'm honored. I will get on it soon. I totally and completely agree with your (spiritual) number 5. That is something I need to work on SO INCREDIBLY BADLY! Sheesh! The power in my tongue scares me a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of me, Liz! I'll have to give this some thought. I think I could echo most of your spiritual list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Liz! You make me laugh!

    Can I go to Disney with you? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Liz! It might take me a couple of days to get to this, but I definitely will. This actually might be a bit of a tough one - like you said, how can you boil it down to ONLY 5 things! LOL!

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tag. I'll do this as soon as I can---late February maybe?? ;) You think I'm kidding, but I have 6 games in the next two weeks with 2 tournaments after that with intense practices IF we keep winning. But I absolutely LOVE this tag, so I'm putting it on my blog-to-do list.
    I want #5 on the spiritual list. Seems I can hold it when I'm not supposed to, but not when I AM. Can I get an amen, sister? I've got some drive time to think about this, so maybe I can make two good lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally did this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.