Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nov. 10, Thankful for Bible Study

I am quite blessed in that I have plenty of opportunities to participate in Bible studies through the week. I know it helps me stay focused on spiritual things.

This morning in my quiet time I was in Joshua 23:1-9. Joshua is getting ready to die, and he exhorts Israel one final time to obey God's commands...
Therefore be very courageous to keep and to do all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, lest you turn aside from it to the right hand or to the left, and lest you go among these nations, these who remain among you. You shall not make mention of the name of their gods, nor cause anyone to swear by them; you shall not serve them nor bow down to them, but you shall hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have done to this day. (vs. 6-8)
I'm a Christian living in the world amidst darkness, and I have an enemy. Reading, meditating on, and observing to keep the commands of the Lord keeps me from falling to attack and idol worship, and that's why I want to be in Bible study as much as possible. I fall so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.