Monday, December 22, 2008

It Hurts To Be a Hoosier In Winter

j0406905If it reached 10 degrees today where you live, count yourself blessed.  It was 0 degrees with wind gusts here in northern Indiana at noon on Sunday, but who knows what the wind chill is registering?  It's a cold that's intolerable and makes you feel like you just might die.

When I got home after church, my toes were so frozen they hurt.  I finally had to get my feet into the bathtub to try to get the blood flowing.

There was no doubt I needed a change of wardrobe before heading out to the evening service.  I decided to wear pants, and my husband loaned me his long underwear.  Thank goodness they fit me!  It made all the difference in the world.  I guess I've been missing out on the toasty-ness.  I had no idea.  After singing the praises of the long underwear, he said maybe he would get me some for Christmas. 

Hmmm.... 

I was really hoping for some new gold earrings for Christmas, but the long underwear might actually be a fair tradeoff.  Besides, if this insane arctic snap continues for very long, my earlobes will fall off, and I won't be able to wear the earrings anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Good point about the earrings. You don't really want to wear metal out in this weather, anyway. Hope you enjoy the long underwear!

    I'm pretty sure I've never seen weather in the single digits, and if I have it was years ago. While you've been battling the cold, we've had FOG. Fog, fog, fog. Totally like we've moved to the Pacific Northwest. It finally cleared up and cooled down yesterday (the fog kept us mild...I walked outside barefoot 3x this week, and I was only uncomfortable once).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.