Monday, February 01, 2010

Sunday Highlights

My Sundays are very full days with the various things I'm involved in at church.  I thought maybe I'd share some of the highlights of the day, in no particular order.

The cookies I made for the carry-in dinner were a hit!  People were asking for the recipe, which thrilled me because I'm not typically the go-to-gal when it comes to a to-die-for treat.  Want to try them?  Click here for the recipe.

While we were waiting in the food line, one of my students pointed at me and said, You are the best Sunday school teacher!  That is so sweet to hear.  I'm thankful that God gives me favor with some of them.

Dad preached a very good sermon about the joy of the Lord being our strength.  Joy is a source or cause of delight, and we find that in Jesus.  That's why even in tribulations we can experience joy.  There is joy in knowing God is with us, in reading His Word, in serving others, and in doing the Father's will.  I love that these truths dovetail with my study on gratitude.  I think joy and gratitude go hand in hand.

Dr. John MacArthur spoke in our evening service.  Okay, that's not exactly the whole story.  Dr. MacArthur was on DVD, and I wasn't even in the service to see him.  I had toddler duty.  But I'm sure it blessed everyone who was in the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.